Thursday, June 4, 2009

Teen and the Damn Tongue

First there was the side smirk that appeared in almost every picture that Teen took.


And when I say every, I really do mean every.


Sure, some pictures are cute like that but when it's every picture, it's annoying. But whatever, these are her pictures and that's fine. The smirk didn't have any seemingly bad sexual meaning, so I let it be. These days there are so many secret teen languages and meanings, like "Rainbow Parties" and the meaning behind wearing different colored jelly bracelets, "sexting", etc. It's scary to think about and hard to keep up with. Just when you think you've "caught on", there's something new. And not that I think the smirking meant anything, I don't think it did. Those particular pictures were just annoying. Anyway, moving on...

Teen is a very beautiful girl with a smile...


Or without a smile....

But now there is the tongue.

And it's everywhere.....




I hate the tongue. The tongue drives me insane, inSANE, INSANE! I don't know if it means anything or if it's part of a "secret" language or if it's just the photo fad for now, but I just hate it nonetheless. I think it's sooo tastesless and it ruins pictures. I'm constantly deleting these photos from her pictures for both the plain yuckiness of them and to keep her from posting them on her myspace page in case there is some secret meaning behind it. I have told her many, many, many times to stop taking pictures of the tongue but it still shows up everywhere. Now, I'm not against goofy pictures. Even as adults, my friends and I have a slew of pictures of funny faces, but none of them include a tribute to Gene Simmons! I mean, seriously, what's wrong with just having fun photo like these?




There no tongues needed to show off how cool and funny we are. The tongue just ruins pictures. As per the exhibit below. I love these photos of AJ. And I would LOVE it even more if Teen were smiling. But no, instead we have the tongue. The ever lurking tongue. And I'm not even sure if I can crop it out or "fix" the picture to get rid of the tongue, I'll have to confer with my photo savvy friends for this.


And then of course, the tongue trickles down to the ones that are influenced most by their big sis...
Thank you tongue for ruining my pictures....again.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Can you please add the peace sign and the fish lips to this post? :)