Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crazy Eights

I’m still a little new to the wonderful world of blogging but I’m finding that I’m getting quite addicted to it. And I’m finding that it’s tough to come up with something to write about everyday so little breaks like this are very much appreciated.

My dear friend Danifred tagged me on on this questionnaire and I have to give her and her blog a shout out of thanks. Reading her blog helped me refocus my priorities and helped me find my way out of a very fogging time in my life. Plus I just enjoy reading her funny stories about her kids.

So here it goes….

First, the rules:
1. Mention person who tagged me (Hi Danifred!)
2. Complete the list of 8s
3. Tag 8 people

And, I’ve decided to be a copy cat so I'll be adding in some of G’s, Seena’s, maybe AJ’s, and Teen’s (if I can find her) answers too.

And, without further ado, the lists:

8 things I am looking forward to:
1. a clean slate and staying in my house
2. Having a toddler who sleeps through the night.
3. Having fun this summer with the kids.
4. Digging up my yard and adding new flower/fruit/veggie beds for next year.
5. Seena’s b-day party.
6. Entering the Master Gardener Program and becoming a Master Gardener.
7. Teen going to High School and Seena going to Kindergarten so I can get involved with their PTA’s and volunteering.
8. Enjoying my stress-free job for as long as I can take it and/or as long as it stays this way

8 things G is looking forward to:
1. Watching my girls grow up.
2. Teaching Teen how to drive
3. Getting another restaurant.
4. Getting another restaurant.
5. Getting another restaurant.
6. Getting AJ boy appropriate toys.
7. Getting the house to stay clean longer than 10 minutes.
8. Taking lots of vacations.

8 things I did yesterday:
1. Pruned, weeded, deadheaded, dug up bulbs and planted new plants that I “borrowed” from my neighbor.
2. Tried to help my dad fix my washing machine.
3. Went to the grocery store.
4. Tried going to the Father’s Day celebration at Seena’s school that was actually the day before.
5. Did not clean.
6. Went for a walk with the kids.
7. Watched Ice Princess for movie night.
8. Watched Ghost Adventures and freaked myself out again.

8 things I wish I could do:
1. Work part-time or be a stay at home mom.
2. Sleep an uninterrupted eight hours every single night in my bed.
3. Give my parents back their security.
4. Afford a housekeeper on a weekly basis.
5. Afford to buy anything I wanted at the grocery store
6. Cook like my mom
7. Finish my scrapbooks.
8. Win the lotto so that I and my loved-ones could live a debt free life and travel the world.

8 things G wishes he could do:
1. Own another restaurant
2. Sleep
3. Get a maid
4. Go to every major sporting arena/stadium in the U.S. and watch a game
5. Not work
6. Own a top notch night club
7. No longer pay for a bad investment
8. Meet Michael Jordan

8 things Seena would like to do
1. Go to Virginia Beach
2. Open presents
3. Fly
4. Watch movies
5. Go to the store and buy toys
6. Stay at home
7. Go to Disney World and the Disney Store
8. Go swimming with nothing on me except for a bathing suit.

8 shows I watch:
1. Brothers and Sisters
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Ugly Betty
4. Private Practice
5. Grey’s Anatomy
6. Lost
7. Ghost Adventures
8. Disney Channel

8 shows G watches:
1. Entourage
2. Eastbown Down
3. Rock of Love
4. Daisy of Love
5. Denise Richards – It’s Complicated
6. ESPN News
7. ESPN News
8. Chelsea Lately

My 8 favorite foods
1. sushi
2. french fries
3. stir-fry
4. Come callados (my mom’s inventions)
5. Hummus sandwiches
6. Linguine and clam sauce
7. Pork BBQ sandwiches
8. homemade popcorn

Seena’s 8 favorite foods
1. cake
2. Ham sandwiches
3. pasghetti
4. Lucky Charms
5. Watermelon
6. corn
7. candy
8. oreos

8 places I’d like to travel
1. Greece
2. Cross country in an RV
3. Spain
4. France
5. Brazil
6. Ireland
7. Fiji
8. China


8 places we’ve lived (in no particular order):
1. Falls Church, VA
2. Astoria, NY
3. Blacksburg, VA
4. Midlothian, VA.
5. (G) A white house in Fairfax, VA with a revolving door of roommates and that should have probably been condemned.
6. A townhouse with my friend, Johanna, who owned 95% of the furniture and stuff in there.
7. (G) Multiple apartments, townhouses, basements, rooms in Fairfax, VA with one or more of the Style Boyz.
8. Our current home sweet home.

Unfortunately, I do not have anyone to tag....

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I love the 8 things Seena would like to do! I can't wait until Tot can answer the questions I ask!