Friday, June 12, 2009

5:30am

This is the time I am suppose to wake up and do my yoga and much needed ab workout. I have even written this down on my "daily schedule" to hopefully get it to "set" in. Not so much. I haven't gotten up to exercise since I was trying to lose weight for the cruise. I've started running, which is a great start but I definitely need the ab workout. After two babies and just plain indulgement, my abs are nonexistent. My sister gets up every morning at 4:30am to go to the gym. I have to admit I am jealous. She really does look great. Why can't I get that motivation? Is it laziness? Probably, huh? But I'm struggling with lack of sleep and therefore being too tired to get up. My goal is to go to bed at 10:00pm-this is also written down but I usually fall asleep anywhere between 11 and 12am. Then I usually hear G come home and we talk for a few minutes. That's around 1:30 to 2:30am. If I'm lucky, the rest of the night is snoozing time but that's not always a guarantee. Take last night, I had my alarm set for this morning as I was determined to get up and exercise. But a little after 2:00am AJ wakes up and we stay up until 4:00am. Grrrrr. This was also after G and I had a 10 minute conversation at 1:30am. As I'm walking back into my room, I'm thinking there's no way in h%LL that I'm getting up at 5:30. I crawled back into bed, turned off my alarm and prayed that AJ would at least "sleep-in" until 7:00am. I didn't quite make it to 7, Seena came waltzing into the room at 6:30 asking if we could get up now. So for the night I had a grand total of 4.5 hours of sleep. And that is really it. I don't take naps so that really is all the sleep I will have for the day.

Besides the lack of sleep and the non-working out in the morning, the part that kills me the most is that I AM a morning person. I like waking up early....I'm most productive in the morning. After 9:oopm I'm a walking brainless blob. So, somehow I've gotten completely turned around and I need to find my way back to early mornings and early evenings. But for today, I will just have to settle for flabby abs and hope tomorrow....scratch that...Monday will be the start to strong and lean abs ;)

No comments: