Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sleepless in Bristow

This whole week I've been going to bed very late. By very late, I mean after midnight late. Mainly it's been because I've been trying to get all of the paperwork completed and information gathered correctly for the bankruptcy filing. It's alot. Online credit counseling sessions, copies of everything and plus I had to open all of the many uneopened envelopes of bills that I have collecting for this very purpose. The workbook that I was provided to complete is a bit antiquated. I mean, seriously, the pages were crooked and needed to be filled out by hand. What? And the last SEVERAL pages were for listing all of your debt, um...no thanks. This would be a perfect opportunity to put the required information into an excel spreadsheet (which of course my friends know that I love excel..yes, I am a nerd). So, I did get a little excel "high" doing that. Anyway, this is off subject ... because I was staying up late all week I decided to take the night "off" from bankruptcy and go to bed early. Early was 10pm because the kids and I stayed out late walking around trying to find puddles to jump in and then we watched a movie. So, instead of a decent long luxurious night's sleep this is what happened....
  • 10:00pm - start getting Seena ready for bed, brush teeth, tuck her in and say goodnight 100 times. Let dog out. Straighten up any messes - didn't want G to trip over anything when he gets home.
  • 10:15pm - get ready for bed. Check myself in mirror, get disgusted and decide a diet/exercise is needed immediately.
  • 10:20pm - in bed and get sucked into watching a realty show based on husband-wife team event planners putting together high-end weddings. So much for going to bed early.
  • 11:00pm - begin to doze off during Chelsea Lately. G calls.
  • 11:30pm - asleep
  • 12:00am - G calls
  • 1:30am - AJ wakes up. Go into room, lay him back down and then I lay on his floor.
  • 2:00am - turn off Seena's light and return to bed.
  • 3:30am - AJ wakes up again. Go back into room and we both lay on his floor to try to sleep. Seena turns on her light, which lights up AJ's room. AJ tosses and turns.
  • 4:00am - give up and go downstairs. Give AJ milk and settle down on couch to sleep with him. More tossing and turning.
  • 4:15am - give up on couch and lay comforter on floor to sleep there. More tossing and turning.
  • 5:00am - finally asleep.
  • 6:00am - Seena comes down (I presume she has wet her bed and is up). She wants milk and tv. In my sleep deprived haze I tell her it's too early and she needs to lay down with us and go back to sleep. Tantrum and arguing starts. Try to explain mommy is VERY tired and needs to sleep. Decide not worth it and turn TV on.
  • 6:10am - 7:47am - try to sleep in between Seena's relentless asking for one thing or another. I must have gotten some sleep because I remember having 1 or 2 dreams.
  • 7:47am - AJ wakes up and playing next to and on top of mommy starts. AJ head butts me...I'm still trying to sleep.
  • 8:07am - give up and finally get up when I hear the pantry door open and the bag of cookies being dragged out.

As I'm walking around getting the morning started, Seena asks "Mommy, why are u up? I thought you were tired? I can watch AJ for you." This is coming from the girl who was fighting me all morning for milk and then encouraging the playing next to and on top of mommy. I love my kids.

No comments: