Thursday, May 7, 2009

No Wasting

Teen and G think I'm crazy when it comes to being green, recycling, not wasting, etc. Teen just doesn't care, she's 14. G is trying and does his best to tolerate my obsession with recycling everything. As for me, it's incredibly frustrating to not be able to get them "on the same page". I understand that not everyone is into being green but I'm a bit of a control freak and it irks me to no end when things are not done the "green" way. Since I can't do anything to change Teen or G, at this point, I've put most of my focus on teaching Seena the importance of being green. And even though she still insists on sleeping with the light on knowing that it is not "saving the earth" (apparently her room doesn't count), she delights me with being "green" from time to time. This evening a butterfly embellishment broke off her shirt. The butterfly was completely intact but I did not see any another use for it, so I apologized to her and told her we would just have to throw it away. She looked at me in complete shock:

Seena, "No, Mommy. I can use it while I play with my dollies (Barbies) and it can be a butterfly that flies in the sky. Remember, mommy (with pointed finger out), no wasting."

Positive thought: maybe I'm not such a bad mommy after all :)

3 comments:

Danifred said...

:) Smart little cookie!

Sunny said...

soooo cute!!!

Valerie M said...

She told you, huh! See if you try and dispose of anything in the future! At least while she's looking!