Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Open Doors

Ever since our restaurant closed we've been cruising along a ride of uncertainty. G was unemployed for forever and I was (still am) working a job that was (still is) just a job. Neither one of us knew where we were heading or what we really wanted to do. The silver lining of it all was that G got to spend (and make up) for a lot of missed kid/family time. But either way, our direction in life was uncertain. I prayed and prayed for God to open doors for us. I also prayed that God make sure he threw brick at my head so that I wouldn't miss the door once it opened!

And little by little I think our door(s) are finally opening. I don't want to say too much just in case things don't go the way we want them too, especially since a big chunk of it relates to G, but for me, possibilites are opening up for me too. A dear friend of mine encouraged me and even fronted money for me to take a training course for a certification that once all is said and done, could double my salary. I am nervous about taking on something else on top of my already heavy "work load" but I am excited about the possibilities this could open up for me. Even though I've enjoyed my flexibility IMMENSELY, I've been feeling like I'm missing something. I'm no longer the career driven woman I thought I was prior to having kids, but I certainly do think that I need a job that has some meaning to me. I need this for me and my kids. Right now, Teen has no idea what I do....quite frankly, I don't think anyone really does. I know she knows that I don't like my job and that bothers me. I want to be a good example for her, especially now that she's in High School and college is right around the corner.

So, here's to open doors and hopefully new possibilities....Cheers!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck...it all sounds very exciting and once you're doing something you love, the motivation will probably just be there! Enjoy learning more and opening your doors!

Stepping On Cheerios said...

I hope you find everything you want and need. Go for the cert! It's the same reason I finally decided to jump in to my own photo business with both feet after so many years.

New avenues can be scary but they can take you to the most amazing places:)

Good luck, Mama!