Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring AKA Sugar Break 2010 (Part 1 of 3)

I've been a little behind on posting...I have not recuperated from our Road Trip to Hershey Park yet. So for now, I will copy Ms. Danifred's posting of Spring Break activities part by part...stay tuned :)

I think for 2010 we need to rename this year's Spring Break to Sugar Break...literally. The week started off good and healthy but ended in a mass of chocolately, jelly bean, sugary hell heaven....

Our Sugar Fest started with the Circus. This was a special night as it was the first night in a VERY long time that G had off and we (G, Seena and I) went on a date together. It was great! I think Seena is going through the middle child syndrome so it was so nice to be able to have a special night that was just centered around her. Seena has never been to the circus so it was wonderful to see her excitement at all of the tricks and show animals. Her favorite were the little dogs.

From the moment we walked in the door G bought Seena a bag of cotton candy that cost almost my whole paycheck (yes, it's a bit exaggerated but you get the point) and a box of popcorn. Just these two items alone were $19. These prices rival the movie theater! At intermission G began scoping the aisles for the concession men passing out delicious goodies. I swear, he's worse than a kid sometimes. Unfortunately, I was no match for G and he bought Seena a "Smore on a Stick". I mean, really, do I need to tell you how that, on top of everything else, affected Miss Seena?

Ding, ding, ding...if you guessed "crazy" you are correct! Seena literally went into sugar shock and was bouncing around as if she had 3 shots of espresso. The poor girl could not sit still and she couldn't stop talking....gibberish nonsense. Oh, and I forgot to mention she drank at least 1/2 of my gigantic, which was the smallest size available, diet coke. It, she was crazy.

BUT besides that it really was a great night.

P.S. I would post some pictures (some really cute ones too) but I accidentally deleted them off my camera before saving them on the computer. Not nice :(

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Luckily, I managed to avoid all sugary treats at the circus. I did get suckered into a princess wand thingy though.