Monday, June 14, 2010

The Birds, the Bees and Chicken

I know it's been eons but I had to write this down before I forgot.....

I heard Seena crying softly in her room. I thought it was because she was upset at our argument before bed but I was completely shocked by what was upsetting her.

Me: What's the matter, sugar.
Seena: I don't want to grow. I'm scared. I want to stay 5.

which then led to, what happens when you die? What do you in heaven? I don't want to die, I don't want to grow ....here is where I got instant tears....and somewhere in this conversation she brought up not wanting kids because she's scared of the hospital cutting her belly....?????

then, the question was how does God make us? ....Umm, so not ready for the bird and the bees conversation yet...So, I asked for further clarification, "Do you mean where did Aiden come from?" Seena replies, "no, how did God make us? Are we made from chicken?" Such sweet innocence...I don't want her to grow either....

Since I was not prepared to explain to my 5 year old the truth yet I reminded her of what we read in the Bible. God made a man and a woman, Adam and Eve, and everyone came from them.

That seemed to satisfy her for the moment and then she asked, "well, if everyone dies, what will happen to earth when everyone dies?"

Needless to say, this came out of total left field, but I think we ended the conservation with smiles and good thoughts.

Maybe seeing all my grey hairs popping up all over my head has her all up in arms? ;)

Sweet dreams....

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow...that's pretty heavy stuff to deal with late in the day! What a cutie with the chicken question...adorable.

Stepping On Cheerios said...

We've had the death part of the conversation...awful! Looks like you cleared chapter one, The Bees, with flying colors!

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Miss you. Thanks for all this in the past.